Gospel Harmony

Exchange relating to topics concerning the life and ministry of Jesus Chris

Moderators: BC Editor, Moderators

Gospel Harmony

Postby Durbin on 29 May 2009, 12:00

I thought there was another post on Gospel Harmony but forgot where it was.

I am working on a Gospel harmony of the synoptic gospels. I want to make a simple and easy to follow harmony. It would be nice to be able to do this on a website with like a wiki or something other's could help with but I really don't feel like making a wiki right now. :/

I think for starters I'll stay away from difficult similarities and just count them as the same event. Like the fig tree dying overnight or immediately. Just a basic, walk through for a beginner without intention as being a scholastic work. So I could show anybody in the simplest way, like Jesus was born, baptised, tempted, went here, here, here.

I'm just starting. Am I too naive it will be possible to complete this if I take a simplistic approach?

If I could just present to the general reader where Jesus went and where he did things and the reader see and easily follow it that would be a good start or even finish for my book. At the end of the book I could refer the readers to other works and other opinions for their continued study.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Beware of Sham-Wow imitators!
Durbin

Re: Gospel Harmony

Postby Durbin on 06 Jun 2009, 05:18

I found your Gospel Harmony on this site Wolfgang and I'll read yours. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful and fail to recognize the forum moderator's own work! :/ I still some day plan to make my own gospel harmony myself from scratch. Just simply the KJV maybe (like a Usher method?)
Beware of Sham-Wow imitators!
Durbin

Re: Gospel Harmony

Postby BC Editor on 06 Jun 2009, 20:17

Hi John
Durbin wrote:I found your Gospel Harmony on this site Wolfgang and I'll read yours. I wasn't trying to be disrespectful and fail to recognize the forum moderator's own work! :/

no need to be concerned about being disrespectful ... :-)
God bless you,
Wolfgang Schneider

(BibelCenter Editor)
BC Editor
Administrator

Return to Life and ministry