A seed of a New Nature

Exchange relating to topics concerning how to become a Christian

Moderators: BC Editor, Moderators

A seed of a New Nature

Postby newnature on 04 Aug 2010, 19:16

To be born a new, a seed of a new nature, planted in a old nature of a person, because of what Adam and Eve did.
Fruit of the spirit in Gal., should be new nature; fruit of the new nature?
Grammer of the Greek New Testament in Light of Historical Research, by A.T. Robertson, this guy gets into some words where the meanings were changed, this word new nature was one of them, it was change to spirit long long ago, what are your thoughts about this point of view?
Always trying to learn, thanks, Robert
God’s Reconciliation to Man, read more about at it http://godsreconciliation.blogspot.com/
newnature
 
Posts: 83
Joined: 23 May 2010, 00:40
Location: In the mountains of Oregon.

Re: A seed of a New Nature

Postby newnature on 25 Oct 2010, 05:29

John 3:1-22;
And there was a man of the Pharisees there whose name was Nicodemus, a ruler of the Israelites, and he came to Yeshua by night, and said to him, “Teacher, we know that you are a teacher sent from Yahweh; for no man can do these miracles that you are doing, unless Yahweh is with him.” Yeshua replied, saying to him, “Truly I say to you, that, unless a man be born anew, he cannot behold the sovereignty of Yahweh.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can an old man be born? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?” Yeshua replied, saying to him, “Truly I say to you, that unless a man be born of water and new nature, he cannot enter the sovereignty of Yahweh. That which is born of the flesh, is flesh; and that which is born of new nature, is new nature. Be not surprised that I said to you, you must be born of new nature.” Nicodemus answered, saying to him, “How can these things be? Yeshua answered, saying to him, “Are you a teacher of Israel, and yet you do not understand these things? After these things, came Yeshua and his disciples into the land of Judah.

Here’s the record of this new nature, born a new?

Thanks for any insight on this, but remember, this is part of the story line of the four gospels and the first chapter of Acts; this is during the Mosaic covenant? Under the Mosaic covenant, would Yahweh send Yeshua to the world, not; to Israel, yes?
Always trying to learn, thanks, Robert
God’s Reconciliation to Man, read more about at it http://godsreconciliation.blogspot.com/
newnature
 
Posts: 83
Joined: 23 May 2010, 00:40
Location: In the mountains of Oregon.

Re: A seed of a New Nature

Postby BC Editor on 25 Oct 2010, 06:28

Hi Robert
newnature wrote:To be born a new, a seed of a new nature, planted in a old nature of a person, because of what Adam and Eve did.
Fruit of the spirit in Gal., should be new nature; fruit of the new nature?
Grammer of the Greek New Testament in Light of Historical Research, by A.T. Robertson, this guy gets into some words where the meanings were changed, this word new nature was one of them, it was change to spirit long long ago, what are your thoughts about this point of view?

it seems to me that someone is interpreting the word "spirit" to mean "new nature" in light of his/her understanding or theology ...

I have not seen any indication in any source with reference to ancient manuscripts which would even point at a text change where the words "new nature" supposedly were original and have been replaced by the word "spirit" ...
God bless you,
Wolfgang Schneider

(BibelCenter Editor)
User avatar
BC Editor
Administrator
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 18 Nov 2007, 11:41

Re: A seed of a New Nature

Postby BC Editor on 25 Oct 2010, 06:32

Hi Robert,

newnature wrote:John 3:1-22;
And there was a man of the Pharisees there whose name was Nicodemus, a ruler of the Israelites, and he came to Yeshua by night, and said to him, “Teacher, we know that you are a teacher sent from Yahweh; for no man can do these miracles that you are doing, unless Yahweh is with him.” Yeshua replied, saying to him, “Truly I say to you, that, unless a man be born anew, he cannot behold the sovereignty of Yahweh.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can an old man be born? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb, and be born?” Yeshua replied, saying to him, “Truly I say to you, that unless a man be born of water and new nature, he cannot enter the sovereignty of Yahweh. That which is born of the flesh, is flesh; and that which is born of new nature, is new nature. Be not surprised that I said to you, you must be born of new nature.” Nicodemus answered, saying to him, “How can these things be? Yeshua answered, saying to him, “Are you a teacher of Israel, and yet you do not understand these things? After these things, came Yeshua and his disciples into the land of Judah.

from what English Bible translation are you quoting? Is this your own translation/adaptation ? I am asking since I have not seen an English Bible translation using the words "Yeshua" and "Yahweh" in this passage ...
God bless you,
Wolfgang Schneider

(BibelCenter Editor)
User avatar
BC Editor
Administrator
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 18 Nov 2007, 11:41

Re: A seed of a New Nature

Postby newnature on 25 Oct 2010, 06:43

This new nature is a work done by Bullinger, out of Appendix 101, no.5, it is a cool research? But the phenomenon of "Pseudepigraphy" that is, writings under a false name, was very, very popular in the ancient world, everybody was doing it. The letters of Plato, they have a big difficulty trying to figure out, are all the letters that exist in ancient Greek manuscripts that claim to be letters of the Philosopher Plato, are they really by Plato? Could spirit have crept in the text through Doggie Philosophers, the world movement of the ancient world, living according to nature?

I work four texts, and the Tanakh; using Yahweh here would be correct here in this story line? Using Yeshua, I try to use his Hebrew name, it seems to get around that trinity stuff?
Always trying to learn, thanks, Robert
God’s Reconciliation to Man, read more about at it http://godsreconciliation.blogspot.com/
newnature
 
Posts: 83
Joined: 23 May 2010, 00:40
Location: In the mountains of Oregon.

Re: A seed of a New Nature

Postby BC Editor on 25 Oct 2010, 08:49

Hi there,
newnature wrote:This new nature is a work done by Bullinger, out of Appendix 101, no.5, it is a cool research? ....

hmn ... does Bullinger actually propose that the texts were changed and the original texts had "new nature" and not the word "spirit" (which is what you indicated / implied in your earlier post) ???
I certainly don't remember any such thing from having read Bullinger's work previously ...
God bless you,
Wolfgang Schneider

(BibelCenter Editor)
User avatar
BC Editor
Administrator
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 18 Nov 2007, 11:41

Re: A seed of a New Nature

Postby BC Editor on 25 Oct 2010, 08:55

Hi Robert,

I had asked about what English translation you were using when quoting the passage from Joh 3 ... and you replied:
newnature wrote: ... I work four texts, and the Tanakh; using Yahweh here would be correct here in this story line? Using Yeshua, I try to use his Hebrew name, it seems to get around that trinity stuff?

From this I conclude that your quote of Joh 3 was a mix of some English Bible translation and your own replacement of the words "Jesus" and "Lord" with "Yeshua" and "Yahweh"?

I would think it to be more appropriate to leave the text as is when quoting from a Bible translation and indicate/mark our own changes of the text when we do make such changes. I would also say that we should clarify that we are giving our own translation from the Greek or Aramaic or Hebrew when we do give our own translation.
God bless you,
Wolfgang Schneider

(BibelCenter Editor)
User avatar
BC Editor
Administrator
 
Posts: 54
Joined: 18 Nov 2007, 11:41

Re: A seed of a New Nature

Postby newnature on 25 Oct 2010, 23:57

BC Editor wrote:Hi Robert,

I had asked about what English translation you were using when quoting the passage from Joh 3 ... and you replied:
newnature wrote: ... I work four texts, and the Tanakh; using Yahweh here would be correct here in this story line? Using Yeshua, I try to use his Hebrew name, it seems to get around that trinity stuff?

From this I conclude that your quote of Joh 3 was a mix of some English Bible translation and your own replacement of the words "Jesus" and "Lord" with "Yeshua" and "Yahweh"?

I would think it to be more appropriate to leave the text as is when quoting from a Bible translation and indicate/mark our own changes of the text when we do make such changes. I would also say that we should clarify that we are giving our own translation from the Greek or Aramaic or Hebrew when we do give our own translation.


Hi Wolfgang,
I believe in my heart that I can show these reasonings in this format, because it is the honest thing to do? We can always reason back, what I claim has be added to our Father's word? I'm no expert at this stuff, texts and all that stuff, I am a line cook, I cook for a living. I'm trying to show that born a new, growing in that new nature, but trying to show it, without what was added? For me to come before you and say, look, you need to teach this, that would not be honest, but we can honestly reason what was left out, back in the text, together, reasoning out of our Father's word? I truly have a desire to learn this stuff, but the gospel of John is part of a storyline, and John's part of the storyline starts after the six temptations, we must read this storyline under the law, the Mosaic law does matter here in chapter 3 of John, but these are just things I think about; but what I left out, that's a notion that's anachronistically read back into the bible?
Always trying to learn, thanks, Robert
God’s Reconciliation to Man, read more about at it http://godsreconciliation.blogspot.com/
newnature
 
Posts: 83
Joined: 23 May 2010, 00:40
Location: In the mountains of Oregon.

Re: A seed of a New Nature

Postby newnature on 27 Oct 2010, 07:05

Sorry everybody for using that seed, I'm learning that this new nature is born anew in your old nature, but it is up to the person to produce what it is capable of producing? I forgot to consider that the power from on high is tied into Galatians 5:22--faithfulness--Yahweh's power in us, helps us with our faithfulness? Can I say, faithfulness in growing fruit is hard: but we got Yahweh's power in us to help us in our faithfulness; if we walk, we fan Yahweh's power in us into a flame, but if we, you know, we kinda quench the power from on high?
Thanks for the learning, Robert.
Always trying to learn, thanks, Robert
God’s Reconciliation to Man, read more about at it http://godsreconciliation.blogspot.com/
newnature
 
Posts: 83
Joined: 23 May 2010, 00:40
Location: In the mountains of Oregon.


Return to Becoming a Christian


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron