Complete Jewish Bible

Exchange relating to various translations of the Bible

Moderators: BC Editor, Moderators

Complete Jewish Bible

Postby Marilyn on 29 Nov 2007, 01:48

Hello all,

I have been using this translation in regular Bible studies, and it has given some understanding of how the Jewish mind thought in ages past, and thinks today from the standpoint of a Messianic Jew, that is, a Christian. At any rate, it is very interesting and enlightening to see how the Jew sees the New Testament. The only problems I have with it is that it is biased toward futurism, which one can overlook. The other is that the author, David Stern, uses Hebrew words quite a lot, and I have to look in the back for the definitions until I memorize them. Has anyone else used this translation, and if so, what do you think of it?

Marilyn
Marilyn

Re: Complete Jewish Bible

Postby BC Editor on 29 Nov 2007, 09:02

Hi Marilyn,
thank you for this interesting information.
Marilyn wrote: ... Has anyone else used this translation, and if so, what do you think of it?

until now I have not used this translation .... was not really aware of it. Do you know if it is available in electronic format to be used in a Bible software?
God bless you,
Wolfgang Schneider

(BibelCenter Editor)
BC Editor
Administrator

Postby Marilyn on 29 Nov 2007, 14:05

Here is the website:
http://www.messianicjewish.net
I also have "The Jewish New Testament Commentary" by David Stern

Blessings,
Marilyn
Marilyn

Postby Marilyn on 29 Nov 2007, 14:07

Sorry I did not answer your question! Yes, the Bible is available for download. I have it in my Bible program, Online Bible.
Marilyn

Return to Bible translations